Wednesday 1 June 2016

Night Terrors



Night Terrors.
This is a theme that i like.
I remember having them as a child.
My worst experience was of the sound of a peg-legged man walking down the corridor towards my bathroom. I expect that my mother started it. 
She lived in her youth, she told me, in a street in Coventry, in Southfields, called Alma Street, in an old house, where she said a murder had been committed.
 She says that she remembered seeing a great disembodied eye over her bed one night.
I could never find any proof of the story being founded in an actual event.

I'll have to draw that, but for now, here's one of mine
 Nassian from "The Nest"(copyright@terrywhite 1.6.16)




Sometimes Night Terrors and nightmares are indistinguishable.
The worst I ever had was dreaming that I came home from a shopping trip to town, on the bus, and woke up screaming. I believed that my mother had left a cabbage on the bus, and I suppose that I thought that the bus passengers would think that it was a human head in the bag rather than a vegetable!

No comments:

Post a Comment