Saturday 11 June 2016

Streets of London copyright@terrywhite11.6.16


IN  London today,
Aka the Smoke, the Great Wen, the centre of the known universe... ehhmmm.
Well, London has to be at least one of the most haunted cities in the world. 
It certainly is today, with the Queen's celebrations. 

I always liked London. Lived here for many years, although not in the heart of things,
It's another strong aspect of the Spirit of Place for me that places to which I have a strong attraction are always, I find, places to which my family is connected.
My father's ancestral family were tin plate merchants and dentists in the Southwest
and my mother's watchmakers in Hoxton and the North. 
A residual race memory of these and lesser family connections to London bind my spirit to this place. I walk where they walk and their footstep traces linger in my soul.
Or something poetic of that kind.
I'll take a few photos around the metropolis today and if I can find a few haunted corners.....


No comments:

Post a Comment