Tuesday 7 February 2017

highwaymen

Arundel

I was thinking of going to Arundel this morning,
 but thought better of it as there was a chill fog,
 and my camera needed charging
So let's look at Arundel. 
I have a friend, who told me she saw a monk 
One day as she was walking along the riverside, and that he 
Darted away quickly and disappeared into the hedgerows.

Here are some more local ghostly tales of the area
Arundel castle
 Near Arundel in Blakehurst there is apparently a gibbet
where the highwayman Jack Upperton was hung. He was hung there
in a cage, after being tried in 1771 at East Grinstead Assizes.
Apparently the road from Steyning to Portsmouth via Findon,
 was his stamping ground.(so probably passing Cissbury Ring)
He was hung on the edge of Angmering Park Estate.
The site only has a small marker and is hard to find.
It is apparently the gibbet site, which is haunted,
At least according to paranormal investigators, 
And it is possible there to hear the sound of a gibbet creaking in the wind!
I think i'll carry on with this ghostly highwayman ...
It'll help me get over the toothache i'm suffering from.....

No comments:

Post a Comment