Saturday 22 April 2017

riverside London 1

Beside the Thames.....
 
 I've been out of things for a few days. 
Anyway, i'm up in London today, 
at the London wetlands, in Barnes.
I once lived in Shepherd's Bush.

I also had a time in Hounslow, and worked in Richmond Surrey,
and worked just up the road from Wandsworth Bridge station.
So, in preparation for the sitting down to watch
 the London Marathon, which i believe is tomorrow.. 
I thought i'd return to where my heart really resides.
SO .... let's look at ghosts here about, shall we?
There's a poltergeist case...
I recently bought a copy of a story told by a participant called
"The Poltergeist Prince". Wycliffe Rd,
The Eland Rd ghost investigated by Harry Price.
Highwaymen on Putney Heath.

I love this part of the Thameside.
My ancestors were involved in collecting dark age artefacts
from the river, and this collection now is housed
In the Museum of London.
Honestly.....
That then is of which i speak next week on these pages....

A short distance beyond ponds on Putney heath
is a forgotten burial ground, where several of the highwaymen, 
who terrorised the area, were buried.......

No comments:

Post a Comment